September 25, 2007

Children's Books

I've been interested in seeing if any of you fellow blog friends have any good children's book suggestions. Whenever we go to the library, there are so many choices and there are so many weird books out there (as well as really good ones, I'm sure, but I always love a recommendation). So I was wondering if you have a moment to comment on this post as to what your or your children's favorite books are, then maybe we could all benefit from a few new titles to add to our reading times. :-)
Some of our favorite and most often repeatedly read are:
Walter the Baker, by Eric Carle
Pancakes, Pancakes!, by Eric Carle
Watch out for the Chicken Feet in Your Soup, by Tomie de Paola
Any of the Curious George books or other books written by H.A. Rey or his wife, Margaret (Katy N0 Pocket is cute)
The Tomten & The Tomten and the Fox (can't remember the author's name, something Scandinavian)
Minnie and Moo go to the Moon
The Bear Snores On

4 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I'll have to go look through our stack. I know that I'm always disappointed with the books we come home with from the library. Last time, one book had "stupid" and "shut-up" in it several times, and another had an illustration (albeit in the background of the main picture) of a same-sex couple!!! I was astounded. Not to mention the story lines themselves are usually lacking. *sigh* Maybe my expectations are too high! Anyway, I'll be checking back to see the list and add to it myself.

Michelle said...

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm looking for recommendations, it's crazy what passes as a good children's book. I'm just waiting for you to publish your book some day!! Soon, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Reese enjoys the books by Sandra Boynton and the book 'If you give a moose a muffin' by Laura Joffe Numerof and another favorite is 'The little mouse, the red ripe strawberry and the big hungry bear' by Don and Audrey Wood.

Grimditch Family said...

Sorry I'm so terrible at getting back via e-mail! Our favorite book is Tiki Tiki Tembo. I don't know the author because Brent left it on the airplane - but it's a classic! The Day the Babies Crawled Away by Peggy Rathmann, Coudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett, Duck on a Bike by David Shannon, The Pirate one by David Shannon is great too! Sleepy Bears by Men Fox, Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears by Verna Aardema, THe Napping House by Audrey Wood, I Stink by Kate and Jim McMullan - the Tug Boat one is good too! Enjoy!