I realize it's almost a quarter of the way into 2008, but I wanted to list on my blog the goals I had for 2007. I had this list hanging inside the medicine cabinet in our bathroom, so I could look at it every day.
For the record, I am not a goal person. Never have been. But last year I felt very inspired for about 10 minutes and these 10 goals came to me one after another, so I grabbed some paper and wrote them all down. Once I got to 10, nothing else came. It really was kind of funny the way it happened, but I'm so glad it did, because it was really fun to have that list to keep looking at and to have things to look forward to try to accomplish. Out of 10 goals, I achieved 8 1/2. I feel pretty good about it.
So here they are (or were):
1. Read 5 Books (non-children's types) - didn't accomplish - I maybe read 1 1/2. Sad but true. This year will be different!
2. Finish Livi's first year scrapbook - Yes! It was so fun, and I'm glad I did it. I started with hers because it was freshest in my memory.
3. Start and Finish Carson's first year scrapbook - Yes! Fun as well, now I need to figure out what to do with all the other pictures we have from the last 4 1/2 years (since we bought our digital camera). May be a goal for this year.
4. Join a couple's small group - Yes! It was only for a 7 week study, but we did it!
5. Buy a tuning fork (actually I wrote down pitch fork, but then crossed it out when I realized that's not what I'd need to tune the guitar, that would come in more handy if I were a farmer!) and relearn how to play my guitar - some kids songs, worship songs and Christmas songs. - This was a 2-part goal...and thanks to Jason for buying me a tuning fork for Christmas, I was able to achieve the first part of this goal....now I need to put that nice gift to use. :-)
6. Knit something new - Yes! I knit Livi a little jumper dress and that was really fun. I've come to realize though, that as much as I love making things with yarn and fabric, once the project is done, I've looked at the material so much that I get tired of seeing it. The dress is a really pretty color aqua blue and makes her eyes stand out.
7. Ride my bike - Yes! I love riding my bike. I used to ride a lot. In college I had pretty sweet calf muscles from all the riding I did. And I have some pretty cool scars on my knees from my wrecks, too. But ever since we got pregnant with Carson and moved to CA, I hadn't ridden my bike! So this was the year I wanted to change that. We bought a bike seat for Livi, so now I can ride with the kids, and it's been SO much fun! I hope to do much more of it in 2008. I've always dreamed about family bike rides. :-)
8. Go to Colorado for a girls trip (with college friends) and for my 30th birthday - Yes! Got to do both in the same trip! It was such fun and I have great memories of it.
9. Get away for a night with Jason - Yes! While we were visiting CO again in August, we got away for a night without the kids and stayed in a very nice Inn in Niwot. It was a lot of fun and I wish we could do it more often.
10. Try yoga - Yes! A friend of a friend who is now my friend was teaching a little yoga class for some gals at her church on Wednesday nights for free...so I decided to try it and it was great. It felt so good and my friend is a Christian so there wasn't any of that potentially weird yoga-y stuff. Just good ol' stretching and relaxing. I loved it, but she didn't continue it after the summer, so it didn't last long, but I achieved the said goal. :-)
So 8 1/2 out of 10. Not bad for a non-goal person. It was really fun. I have very broad goals in mind for this year, so I think I need to sit down and get some more practical ones on paper. It feels good to accomplish things I've set out to do. Every day of this new year I've looked at my list in the bathroom because it just makes me happy that I actually wrote some goals and accomplished most of them. Here's to the other three quarters of this year left to do some new things!