March 4, 2009

Catch up

I've been in a blogging rut! Life's just sort of been chugging along, and I've wanted to capture some thoughts but they seem to be too fleeting for me to remember and blog about. Sometimes it's easier for me to think about my life in terms of "status updates" like on Facebook and I've considered just writing a post with those, but like I said, they've too quickly left my brain before I could record them. :-) I'm an out of sight - out of mind kind of girl, like if I don't write it down, I probably won't remember it too well, if at all. So maybe that means I should be even more careful to blog or journal on paper or something!

To recap a little bit of the past while, here's a pic of the bagels we made. It was so fun and really easy (it took about 4 hours from start to finish, but it was worth it and lots of that time was waiting for the dough to rise). They were delicious, and I told my friend, Kristi, that I'd save her some, but somehow they all got gobbled up, so I guess I'll have to make them again and share them this time! We did Asiago cheese and Cinnamon and Plain. Here's the recipe.

We were having really nice warm winter weather until a couple of weeks ago when the rain set it, so we took advantage of it by being outside a lot.



We went down the the aquarium with Robyn and Ocean and had fun seeing all the wonderful creatures! Livi had fun playing in the Splash Zone and spraying water.


Valentine's Day at our house always involves chocolate fondue....so delicious and fun, I think we all ate till we had bellyaches!




Livi made a "feeding machine" for her baby, and she wanted to take a picture of me feeding her.


Livi is officially completely out of diapers!!! She'd been wearing them at night for a long while, but once we realized she was drinking too much water at night and stopped that, she was able to stay dry all night. After earning stickers for staying dry 10 nights in a row, we decided to try undies for good. Only one accident during the night has occured and that was several weeks ago, and it was my fault for forgetting to have her go right before bed.....so yay! It's so great to be diaper free! She got to go to Toys 'R Us and pick something out as a prize. She wanted this swim baby....but got scared by it in the tub, so now she just plays with it without batteries. :-)


Our days have been filled with goodness & mercy, I'm so thankful for the life God's blessed me with. Maybe some deeper thoughts will be posted in the coming days. :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! So funny that I checked your blog today to see that you are back to posting! I asked my mom if she knew "where you were?"! I sure love keeping up with you and your family and look forward to your new posts. Hugs and Kisses from Minnesota!
Sandy

Marcy said...

Those bagels look awesome! Congrats on being diaper free - can't wait for that day around here! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel your rut - I'm in it too! The kids are getting so big - they're beautiful, Michelle. I love seeing what an incredible mommy you are.

Hugs and more hugs...

petiteblogger said...

I'm glad you're back in the "blogging saddle"! I love your main picture of the beach- that's beautiful!
I think the fondue as a Valentine's tradition is so fun! The kids are looking cuter and so big! I'm jealous Livi's out of diapers at night. I'm hoping Caitlyn won't be too far behind her...

Michelle said...

Hey Sandy! Would you send me your email address? I made one of your recipes this past weekend when we went to the mountains with some friends, it was the Baked Farfalle with Spinach and Tomatoes....I love that dish! And you still owe me a box full of recipes! :-) Just kidding, you don't have to do that, but I do love all those ones you gave me, you're a great cook! I hope you are doing well, do you have a blog or some way for me to see pics of you guys? I'm looking forward to the next time we get to see everyone! My email is michelleohughes (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. Hugs to you!

Gloria said...

Glad to see you're "back". I was excited to see your post this morning and read about what you guys have been up to!

Lindsay said...

That's awesome that you are done with diapers!! I need to start working on that one with Anna, too :)

Yum, those bagals look good, I'm gonna have to give that a try someday!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Such sweet pictures! Makes me miss you even more. I have a friend who makes bagels all the time and I've been wanting to try. Now I'm REALLY inspired!

I love that pic of Livi and her sunglasses. :)

And I haven't read blogs in forever... when did you change your header? It's GORGEOUS! Did you take that? Awesome. Makes me want to move to Cali... almost. ;)

Michelle said...

Ang- yeah we did take that pic as our header for the blog....it was down south a little bit last year. Such a fun day and a gorgeous beach!

You with us said...

The bagels look delicious!! Your new blog pic is amazing, too.