Greg Brown’s Roasted Red Pepper Crostini
Serves 8 (makes 24 crostini) Hands-On Time: 20m Total Time: 1hr 20m
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 heads garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 24 baguette slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil
- Heat broiler. On a broilerproof baking sheet, broil the peppers, turning occasionally, until charred, 8 to 12 minutes. Wrap each pepper in a paper towel; let cool for 10 minutes. Use the paper towels to slide off the skins. Remove the seeds and cut the peppers into strips.
- Heat oven to 400° F. Slice ½ inch off the top of each head of garlic and place the garlic on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; wrap tightly. Roast until tender, 45 to 55 minutes. Squeeze the cloves from their skins.
- Meanwhile, place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and Feta. Top the baguette slices with the cheese mixture, garlic cloves, peppers, and parsley/basil.