November 3, 2007

Fall in the Redwoods

I took the kids over to the redwoods for a little fall walk and we had such a great time. We only had enough time to be there for an hour, but it was perfect and they both walked the whole time! It was so pretty and the smell...oh, the smell...we all kept taking deep breaths in through our noses to savor the delicious sweet earthy smell of the damp and changing foliage. We collected some kind of nutty things that kept falling from the trees, and we threw them into the river just before we got to our car; it was great incentive to keep them going till the end! I think we'll be going back real soon. I'm thankful to live in such an incredibly gorgeous part of God's creation.

I just love this picture of them both trying to smile really big!

3 comments:

Christi said...

Wish we could have gone with you...I can't think of a better way to spend an hour of your day!

You with us said...

Those big smiles are great!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

How adorable is that picture?!?! I'm jealous you got to spend time in a redwood forest. One of my favorite places!