November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

My parents and my brother came out for Thanksgiving again this year, and we had such a great time with them. The kids relished all the attention they got all week from them. It was nice to have a change in our routine, although I am finding that I quickly get spoiled with all the help and it takes me several days to get back into the swing of things when they leave. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming out and for all the help you gave me and just for being here, I miss you tons and can't wait till we get to see you again.
My Aunt Ruth and Karl came down from Walnut Creek to join us for Thanksgiving day which has become a really nice tradition, we love their company.
We took my family to the Redwoods for a little walk which was refreshing and fun. The most amazingly huge leaves were falling to the ground, we considered using them as placemats for Thanksgiving!
The kids and I went to the park a couple weeks ago and gathered up a bunch of pretty leaves and berries, etc. and made a little fall garland out of them.

2 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Awww, it's so nice to see your family. And what a cute garland! Those leaves are sooo pretty!

You with us said...

Yea, what a fun family Thanksgiving. Hosting Thanksgiving in your own home...way to go Schells!