May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Because you're my mom, I grew up knowing Jesus.
Because you're my mom, I've always felt loved.

Because you're my mom, I have someone whose qualities I want to emulate, especially the grace and thoughtfulness and practicality and generosity and all-around-good-attitude we can all see in you.

Because you're my mom, I like chocolate and I like to chew my candy.

Because you're my mom, I am a morning person.

Because you're my mom, I have learned the power and necessity of prayer.

Because you're my mom, I like to sit in the sun and read.

Because you're my mom, I like to make birthdays and other holidays special.

Because you're my mom, I can care for Carson and Livi the way you care for me and Matt.

Because you're my mom, I get the good pleasure of looking like you.

Because you're my mom, and you've been a good example about this, I'm trying not to let my insecurities get in the way of friendships.

Because you're my mom, I love coming home.
Because you're my mom, I've been blessed beyond measure.

I love you, Mom!




5 comments:

Christi said...

That was so sweet, I'm seriously all choked up. I have to meet your mom sometime because she seems so neat!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh, how nice! Has she seen or read this? She'll love it. That was so well thought out and so well written. Great job, Michelle!

Tyler said...

Michelle! that is beautiful. Let's see, would Byranie be teary or dry eyed? You guessed it. What a tribute to honor your mom.

Darcy said...

OK....make me cry!!!! You are too cute! We miss you!
D

Mom said...

Michelle,
Thank you so much for the tribute.
You are an incredible daughter and I am so proud to be your mother.
Thank you for the beautiful things you said.
I love you.
Mom