May 29, 2007

Aquarium


We went down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium this past Sunday, over Memorial Day weekend. It was pretty crowded, but we had such a great time. The parking lot was full (just like that time we went over President's Day weekend, Mom!), but this time we didn't drive around for an hour to find a place to park. We just parked several blocks down and enjoyed a nice walk down Cannery Row. I always feel like I'm on vacation when I go down there, it's such fun. My absolute favorite thing to see is the Ocean Sun Fish. This creature is incredible, I could watch it for hours. It has very shiny, silver, crumply skin and is just so strange looking, it's fascinating. I'm always just amazed at God's creation when I see all these things from this other world down in the water. There are so many different creatures on this planet!

2 comments:

Christi said...

And they have really clean, sanitary spinning globes there which are really good entertainment.

Michelle said...

Oh yes, Christi, thanks for reminding me about that. I was hoping to forget it. :-) yeah, so we were sitting on a bench waiting for Jason for a minute and on each side was a globe that spun around (as most globes do), well, I was busy making sure Livi wasn't going to fall off the bench and meanwhile Carson, on the other side of me, was spinning his globe as fast as he could while his tongue was going round and round on it. I look in his direction and there was a man giving me the weirdest look, and I looked down at Carson just as he was licking Africa. NASTY!!!